Link building plan to your new site is an important part of growing your traffic. You may be tempted to focus all of your attention on ranking for keywords, but if you want long-term results, you need to build a strong foundation of backlinks that will withstand the test of time. There are many ways to go about doing this, but here’s a basic list:
1. Find relevant places to send your press releases.
- 1 1. Find relevant places to send your press releases.
- 2 2. Use HARO to get in touch with journalists.
- 3 3. Create a list of all the blogs that have written about your topic.
- 4 4. Look for different ways to cross-link with other sites in your niche and build relationships with them.
- 5 5. Write guest posts for other blogs in your industry or ones that are related to it.
- 6 These five steps will help you build links
- Find relevant places to send your press releases.
- List of places you can send your press releases:
- Press release directories (PRWeb and PRNewswire)
- Industry blogs and forums, like Moz’s Open Forum or Inbound.org
- Local news sites that cover business, technology, or lifestyle topics in your area of expertise
If there’s a specific blog or publication with a large audience that covers the same industry as yours, see if they accept guest posts from experts in their field. Write an article on link building using this plan as an outline!
2. Use HARO to get in touch with journalists.
The second strategy is to use HARO (Help A Reporter Out).
HARO is a service that connects journalists with sources of information. You can sign up for their daily newsletter and they’ll email you when they need an expert in your field to comment on a story or give them more information about a topic. For example, if someone writes an article about marketing automation tools and mentions how important it is for marketers to have good analytics data, then HARO will send out an email asking if anyone knows someone who works with analytics data or has experience working with marketing automation tools. If you do happen to know someone who fits this description and could offer some insights into the topic at hand, then this would be a great opportunity for both parties: The journalist gets their story completed quicker than expected while also getting some new insights from an expert source; meanwhile, because this person has been featured in national publications before (and might even get mentioned again!), it helps establish credibility for both parties involved since there’s proof that experts exist within this niche area!
You can get in touch directly with these journalists via phone calls/emails etc., but usually just sending along some links related specifically towards whatever topic they’re covering will suffice enough because most writers don’t want anything too long anyway.”
3. Create a list of all the blogs that have written about your topic.
- Create a list of all the blogs that have written about your topic.
To do this, you’ll need to use a tool like BuzzSumo to search for content on your topic. You can also use Google, but it may take longer and be more difficult to find relevant results because it doesn’t filter out spammy or low quality sites as well as BuzzSumo does (or at least not yet).
In the search bar on BuzzSumo type in: “keyword” + “topics related to keyword” + “bloggers who cover this topic.” For example: [keyword] + [“topics related”] + [“blogs covering this topic”]
4. Look for different ways to cross-link with other sites in your niche and build relationships with them.
The next step is to look for different ways to cross-link with other sites in your niche and build relationships with them. You’ll want to do this for two reasons:
- Cross-linking can help you get traffic, but it also helps your site rank higher in search engines because Google likes it when there are links pointing at your content from other websites.
- If someone links to one of your pages, they’re essentially saying “this is useful!” or “this is worth reading!” That’s a good thing! If people think highly enough of your content that they wanna link back at ya’, then maybe it’s time for us all (you included) as marketers/content creators/online entrepreneurs/what have you…to start taking ourselves seriously again?
Guest posting is a great way to build your brand and get links. It’s also a good way to gain new readers, who may become fans of your content.
You can find blogs that will accept guest posts by searching “write for us” or similar terms on Google. You can also use social media platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn to find bloggers who are looking for contributors (and vice versa).
There are many ways for you as a writer/marketer/developer/etc., but the most important thing when pitching yourself as a guest author is demonstrating why someone should publish what you write: what value does it bring?
These five steps will help you build links
A link building plan is a structured way to build links. It’s a way of organizing your efforts and keeping yourself on track, focused on your goals and organized so that you’re not wasting time doing things that don’t help reach those goals.
Here are five steps for creating an effective link building plan:
- Determine Your Goal(s)
- Research Your Competitors’ Backlink Profile(s)
- Identify Link Opportunities & Outreach Strategies
- Create Content That Is Linkable & Track Its Performance Over Time
A link building plan is a structured way to build links. It’s a way of organizing your efforts and keeping yourself on track, we can help with link building to grow your site, focused on your goals and organized so you don’t waste time doing things that don’t help achieve those goals.av