This is the Star-Banner’s weekly listing of local business news. Send items to [email protected] and write “business briefs” in the message line.
• Big Daddy Guns will hold a grand opening for its Ocala store, in the Carus Plaza shopping center at 3558 SW College Road, Suite 400, at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 20. The store sells guns, gear, ammo and accessories.
• A Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa is opening this month at 3980 SW 26th Court, Unit 103, Ocala. This will be the national company’s second biggest Florida store and is expected to provide 20-25 new jobs.
• CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion is holding four hiring events this week. According to a news release from the agency, here are the details:
• World Equestrian Center: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 15 at the equestrian center, 1390 NW 80th Ave., Ocala. Hiring cashiers, culinary supervisors, hotel managers, line cooks, maintenance technicians, purchasing supervisors and security officers. Call 1-800-434-JOBS (5627), ext. 3206.
• Errand Rides: 2-4 p.m. Feb. 16 at CareerSource CLM’s career center, 2703 NE 14th St., Ocala. Hiring home health aides and certified nursing assistant companions. Call 1-800-434-JOBS (5627), ext.1273.
• Marion County Public Schools: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Feb. 17 at CareerSource CLM’s career center, 2703 NE 14th St., Ocala. Hiring bus drivers by appointment only; schedule at 840-5757. For more information, call 1-800-434-JOBS (5627), ext. 1272.
• Family Life Care: 1-3 p.m. Feb. 18 at CareerSource CLM’s Citrus County career center, 683 S. Adolph Point, Lecanto. Hiring CNAs, personal care aides and registered nurses for locations in Citrus and Marion counties. For more information, call 1-800-434-JOBS (5627), ext. 1273.
• Local McDonald’s owner/operators will raise $1 million to support local chapters of Ronald McDonald House Charities, which has been hard hit by the pandemic. A portion of each sale of Happy Meals, french fries and Shamrock Shakes will go to the charity; also, customers will be invited to “round up” their order to the nearest dollar and/or donate $1, $3 or $5 for Ronald McDonald House Charities.
• The Ocala Marion Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) is developing a Congestion Management Plan that aims to “outline a systematic approach for identifying and managing congestion on the major roadways within Marion County.”
For information, like and follow the agency on Facebook and Twitter, visit https://ocalamariontpo.org/tpoprojects/, or contact Rob Balmes, the agency director, at 438-2631 or [email protected]
• CORA Physical Therapy, a national operator of outpatient physical therapy services, has opened its ninth and 10th locations in Central Florida: CORA Hernando, 944 E. Norvell Bryant Highway, Hernando; and a Dunnellon clinic at 20056 E. Pennsylvania Ave., Unit 2. CORA also offers telehealth visits and in-home therapy.