Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is under fire for missing an April deadline to testify before the House and Senate Small Business Committees, even though she is required to do so under the coronavirus relief bill law passed by Congress in December.
The $900 billion stimulus bill, which former President Donald Trump signed into law on Dec. 27, 2020, stipulates that the Treasury secretary and Small Business Administration administrator must testify before the House Small Business Committee and the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship no later than “120 days after the date
Last year was already a rough year for an awards shop owner based in Hunterdon County.
Then, in early November, his home and business of 100 years went up in smoke.
“The bottom line is the entire shop was scorched, and the engraving machines were melted,” John Bradshaw, owner of Bradshaw Awards in Stockton, said. “And the smoke damage — because we had all these acrylic awards and things like that that went up in smoke — created this really dense smoke that just destroyed the rest of the building.”
The fire, which began with an electrical problem, broke out
NPR’s Lulu Garcia-Navarro speaks to CNN anchor Don Lemon about his new book, This is the Fire — What I say To My Friends About Racism.
LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST:
Don Lemon spends his weeknights on CNN covering and framing the public’s understanding of everything from Donald Trump’s presidency to the ongoing racial reckoning. In his new book, “This Is The Fire: What I Say To My Friends About Racism,” Lemon takes a personal look at the legacy of slavery and racism in America and explains what he’d like to see as the way forward for a divided country.
WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) – Update 6 p.m. Monday, March 8, 2021: What started as a grassfire at about 3 p.m. Monday spread quickly once it reached the property for International Paper, a recycling business in the 4300 block of West 29th Street South (near West Street and Southwest Boulevard) in southwest Wichita.
The Wichita Fire Department said embers from the grassfire did not hit the building for the business, but recyclables outside caught fire and spread quickly with the strong wind. The fire reached the fence line of a nearby mobile home park, but no property damage was reported. There
HANNIBAL, Mo. (WGEM) – Local fire officials with the Hannibal Fire Department are stressing the importance of having renters insurance after a fire destroyed units in the Park Terrace Apartments in Hannibal last week.
Fire investigator Mark Kempker said only one unit out of the twelve in the fire had insurance.
Kemper said insurance should be a part of your emergency preparedness plan because once a fire starts, it’s already too late.
“It is probably something that should be in your emergency plan. You pre-plan and have your smoke detectors and your emergency plan for how you’re going to get
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.